Monday, August 11, 2008

9 Year Anniversary!!


Today we celebrated our 9 year anniversary! Brent and I met in Moscow, Idaho while attending college at University of Idaho. We are night and day opposites of each other: Brent is organized, disciplined, goal oriented, focused, and an intravert. I am basically his exact opposite! A match made in heaven! And after 9 years we both keep each other on our toes! Wow, where did it all go? Seems like those years just flew by. But, when I think back on everything that has happened within those 9 years, I get exhausted! I need to lie down! We have moved 13 times since we have been married. We have been members of 6 different wards! We both got our bachelors degrees and Brent got his graduate degree as well as becoming licensed to practice physical therapy. We have gone to Banff, Alberta, Mexico, Florida Keys, Oregon coast (countless times), Victoria, B.C. and the San Juan Islands. We bought our first home. I had my thyroid radiated and Brent got lasic surgery done on both eyes. We rehabbed a home built in 1952 and successfully sold it 5 months later. However, the greatest accomplishments that we have ever achieved is having (so far) three beautiful, healthy, smart and fun kids: Jayden, 5, Trey, 3 and Marni, 17 months! They are our everything! We thought the day we were sealed for time and all eternity in the temple was the most wonderful day of our lives. But, nothing can compare to the overwhelming feeling of love, gratitude and excitement that comes with a child! Life before looks dull and gray compared to the bright sunshine that our children bring to us! I am so thankful for everything that the Lord has blessed our lives with! Today has been a good day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Becky! I enjoyed reading your Blog. It was fun to hear what you have been up to. You have a very nice little family. It was only two years ago that we saw you last at Grandma's 90 Birthday party, but it seems like longer. I wish we could all get together as a family more often. Two years before this we got to enjoy your parents cabin and property when we had our Alan and Carolyn Curtis Family reunion. I have very fond memories of that trip and loved getting to spend time with your family there. Peggy and I are living in Murray, UT, but will be soon moving into my parents home while they are serving their mission in Lubbock, TX. I am looking forward to enjoying all the work they have put into their property, especially the waterfall and pond they have. I guess there must be something in the blood about working in the yard. The fact that Grandma still does it should tell us something.
Sure love you guys!
Brad & Peggy Curtis

angie said...

I hear ya about wondering where the time went! Tim and I have been married for 10 years this last June, and it seems like only yesterday that we got married! Okay, cheese! No way would I go back though! Our life is way more exciting, frustrating, wonderful, and overall better since having our little brood, with hopefully more to come! Congrats on 9 great years together!! Take care!

StacyK said...

Great to hear how you all are doing. Your kids have grown so much and cuuute!
We are still in Pampa TX. It has really grown on us. We are so excited to have Mom and Dad serving their mission only 3 hours away.
Home renovations seem to be our middle name. I thought as we finished projects the list would shrink but it only seems to get bigger. It keeps us busy!
Hope you all continue to learn and grow.
Love,
Stacy Karson

jana said...

Cute Blog, thanks for sharing. Do you mind if I link my blog to yours so I can check it out when you are gone? It has been fun to get to know you and your family. We will miss you. My blog is janerbananer.blogspot.com